Peanut Butter Dog Biscuit Treats
Halloween is the season of treats! If you want to help keep your pup out of the candy bowl try making some special treats just for him. Here is a great recipe for home made peanut butter dog biscuits. These are easy to make, delicious and nutritious….but don’t tell him that part.
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup honey (go local!)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (not instant)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 squares white almond bark
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine all your ingredients. You can mix this by hand but a stand mixer is easier. Beat until it forms a stiff dough.
- Roll or use your hands to flatten your dough out into a rectangle about one inch thick.
- Chose your favorite cookie cutter, we like a bone-shaped cutter, and cut out your cookies. Keep flattening the dough so you can use all of it.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then flip all the cookies, then bake for another 15 minutes
- Take them out of the oven, they should be a nice golden brown, and transfer them to a wire rack to completely cool.
- While the cookies are cooling, microwave the almond bark. Make sure to stir every 30 seconds. You can also melt it in a double boiler.
- Once the almond bark is melted and smooth dip half of the cooking to it and lay it on parchment paper.
- Sprinkle your dipped bones with sprinkles and let cool. Make sure to decorate before the dip has a chance to dry.
- You can store this in an airtight container for up to two weeks or freeze for 3 months.
This is a super simple recipe that we know you will love. For added fun you can put some natural food coloring into the almond bark. Maybe make it orange and use black sprinkles. Oooh, how spooky!