Recipe: Diabetic Dog Treats
This is a time of year that is all about food. It is about rich, delicious, savory food. If you have a diabetic dog, you know the trouble with giving them anything sweet or savory. Here is a great recipe to give them a treat that will still be healthy and delicious.
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 pounds beef liver, cut into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Line a 10×15 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Place the liver into a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Lightly whisk the eggs.
- Add the chopped liver into a bowl and stir in the flour and eggs and stir until smooth.
- Press the mixture into the pan and spread evenly.
- Let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve.
If your dog is on a special diabetic diet, it is important to talk to your Albuquerque vet about any potential dietary issues or needs before introducing new foods. Consult your vet before feeding them these treats to make sure it is fine with your dogs needs.