RECIPE: Diabetic Dog Treats
If your dog is diabetic then you are very familiar with the dietary restrictions placed on them. This can make giving your pup treats really difficult. But it is easy to make delicious diabetic safe dog treats at home. These ones you may not want to share with your dog unless you really like liver treats.
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 pounds beef liver, cut into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 10×15 inch jellyroll pan with parchment paper.
- Put the liver pieces in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the flour and eggs until processed smoothly. If you can’t fit all of the ingredients in your food processor, you can mix by hand or with a mixer.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared pan on top of the parchment.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the center is firm. Cool, and cut into squares.
These treats have a consistency similar to a sponge. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.