Turkey, Rice and Vegetables: Dog Food Recipe
A great healthy dog food recipe is Turkey, rice and vegetables. It’s making me hungry just thinking about it! This is a great recipe for a doggie on a diet. It uses lean animal proteins, with healthy carbs and vegetables to keep your pup healthy and trim. This recipe makes about 12 cups of food.
Before making any homemade dog food, please refer to our homemade dog food nutrition guide.
- 1 lb of ground turkey (preferably organic)
- 2 cups of rice (preferably brown)
- 1 tsp of dried rosemary
- 1/2 package of frozen broccoli, carrots and cauliflower. If you prefer fresh, then chop and precook the broccoli, carrots and cauliflower until they are cooked but still firm (about 4 minutes). Cook enough for about 2 cups worth of mixed vegetables.
- Add 6 cups of water, ground turkey, rice and the rosemary into a large cooking pot or dutch oven.
- Stir until the turkey is broken up and the ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to low heat.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the frozen (or fresh mixed) vegetables. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
Serve cool. This recipe can be refrigerated for up to 5 days. It can also be frozen.